First Time for Shows

Surveyor

Reading what I can and getting confused I would like a suggestion for what should be on the information board for displays, especially as thinking of helping charities and leaving vehicle with them, I have history of the units for both the Land Rover and Trailer, I was thinking one board for each as may not have both together.

Are there any suggestions regarding shows apart from the usual insurance which needs to be taken into consideration?

The vehicle will not be accessible internally, but, hopefully look the part externally, I have no intention presently to get internal looking as an FFR but may do latter.

Thanks in anticipation.

We tend to have double sided display boards. On one side general bits about the type of vehicle and manufacturer if it is an unusual one. Including some photos of them in action and the type of jobs they are used for. Then on the second side the specific history of the vehicle with restoration photos, inservice photos etc... depending on what you have. Also the often asked questions - things like weight, size, etc......

I do wish more people would do display boards. Any time we have them out a lot of people stop and read them. And tends to mean you get more in depth and interesting questions.

Ed

We tend to have double sided display boards. On one side general bits about the type of vehicle and manufacturer if it is an unusual one. Including some photos of them in action and the type of jobs they are used for. Then on the second side the specific history of the vehicle with restoration photos, inservice photos etc... depending on what you have. Also the often asked questions - things like weight, size, etc......

I do wish more people would do display boards. Any time we have them out a lot of people stop and read them. And tends to mean you get more in depth and interesting questions.

Ed

Ed

Thanks for this, roughly what size do you use I was looking at A1 or A2?

Richard

We have done them sandwich boards with each side have 4 or 5 A4 laminated sheets. I preferred this option as we can update and change individual ones as we go. Just need to find a suitable way of holding the sheets on.

The sandwich board is made of two sheets of ply and then hinged at the top. With a strap to stop it opening too far.

Ed

We have done them sandwich boards with each side have 4 or 5 A4 laminated sheets. I preferred this option as we can update and change individual ones as we go. Just need to find a suitable way of holding the sheets on.

The sandwich board is made of two sheets of ply and then hinged at the top. With a strap to stop it opening too far.

Ed

Thanks, that's a good point regarding up dating

Speaking as a modeller, so primarily interested in taking photographs of interesting vehicles, please do not put your board too close to the vehicle where it might obscure significant detail. Yes I know I could ask you to move it, but you might not be there!

Chris

Speaking as a modeller, so primarily interested in taking photographs of interesting vehicles, please do not put your board too close to the vehicle where it might obscure significant detail. Yes I know I could ask you to move it, but you might not be there!

Chris

Another good point