Foden GS

paulob1

now here is a funny one, my foden GS cab tilt only works part way up and now wont go back down...anyone got any ideas...I am presuming there is a stuck valve somewhere but anyoie know if I am missing something obvious before I go stripping the thing..

now here is a funny one, my foden GS cab tilt only works part way up and now wont go back down...anyone got any ideas...I am presuming there is a stuck valve somewhere but anyoie know if I am missing something obvious before I go stripping the thing..
Sound like it is short of oil

we haven't topped it up yet so will have a go at that tonight, its an awkward cuss to check, but we will get it...it does feel like it is pumping air at times...
Cab lifters can be a pain, because they are not used very often when you go for them the gremlin is waiting.

If it ran out of oil it will probably not lower until refilled with oil as the non-return valves will not unseat. At least that is my experience.

If you are topping up oil with cab partially raised, be sure to leave filler cap off until you've lowered it to avoid blowing up the reservoir if it then has too much oil in (reservoir is only just big enough with little spare capacity).