What is it?

OZITIM

I have about a hundred sets of these things. Again, I assume they are for radios. Possibly a mounting. The tag states LV9/ASC FV55750 'Bracket Assembly.

This FV number is not listed in my Ferret parts list, and this copy was updated until their disposal.

I am thinking this is an old part supplied before NSN codification and it could be something that was superseded thus deleted from the parts list.

Someone else mentioned LV9/ASC code covering Fox as well. This is not quite correct, what actually happened was that some Ferret components in the gearbox assembly were also used in the Fox, hence ASC numbers use on those parts.

I have been unable to match FV55750 to an NSN.

I have searched for "Bracket Assembly" & found 9,669 NSNs. Of these there is a cluster around FV55491-FV55889, but FV55750 is not there. It does suggest it was around in the early 1960s when codification started in earnest but became obsolete.

That cluster all shared the NSC 2540, well that is Vehicular Furniture & Accessories, so nothing we didn't know already!

Wow, thats really interesting. I have a heap of these things. They are incredibly well made and are packaged in the usual way. I suspect it was probably a mount for a radio that was only used for a brief period of time. It wouldnt be unusual for the military to acquire something that was obsolete before it became issued.

Im just looking at the cheapest postage option at the moment. Im seeing how many are wanted and might be better to send as a bulk lot. But give me this week to make the relevant enquiries regarding the cost of freight.

Tim

Hi Tim, no problem, I would like 2 of the newest units, one to use to repair a set and the other as a spare, I have 3 of these excellent receivers here.

Leighton ( GW3FSP ).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No worries mate. It was a great stoke of luck that I heard that the old fella was travelling your way. Cardiff is a damn long way from Cairns, but with a good game of pass the parcel, they ended up there. I now have to repay the old guy with a spin in the ferret when he gets back. I will send you a list of the Clansman parts I have, with photos. They are all NOS and come from ex Australian military surplus parts.