Victory Show - who is in charge of parking arrangements?

LarryH57

Is there anyone on here who is involved with the Victory Show? Last year I went as a civi and it took two hours to cover the last 1.5 miles to the show, as the traffic was so bad, probably the worst I have seen in all the years I have been driving. The reason is that cars entering the site are stopped and then pay to enter. This then means that cars leave the public road at a snails pace (well not as quick actually). So may I suggest getting the cars off the road in to various fields and then have the public pay on foot. It really would make the Victory Show a great day out for the family rather than become a 'never again dear' experience.

Is there anyone on here who is involved with the Victory Show? Last year I went as a civi and it took two hours to cover the last 1.5 miles to the show, as the traffic was so bad, probably the worst I have seen in all the years I have been driving. The reason is that cars entering the site are stopped and then pay to enter. This then means that cars leave the public road at a snails pace (well not as quick actually). So may I suggest getting the cars off the road in to various fields and then have the public pay on foot. It really would make the Victory Show a great day out for the family rather than become a 'never again dear' experience.

I'll second that, we had the same experience last year. The amount of folk that got fed up & turned back grew & grew (albiet to our benefit :D) but meant lost revenue for the show...

We went last year but booked up early for camping and got there for the Friday night, and we were amazed at how the parking areas/fields had filled up in the space of us getting up on the Sat. morning at about 7.30am. By 8.30 to 9.00am our field was full. Will be doing the same next year, it was so much easier booking in advance and getting there for the Friday, took us about 4hrs form were we live in Newmarket Suffolk.

I appreciate its easier for the exhibitors but if they don't sort out the parking for joe public they will not get the visitors coming back each year.

Not sure about the exhibitors as we just went for the show. We are not sellers just the public. I think the trouble is that the show ground and parking is sited in a place where it could be difficult to gain access to any other parking areas, meaning making other entrances to fields to get the vehicles off the road safely. The locals must have a nightmare trying to get from place to place when the show is on.

• 3 months later...