RAF Albion AM463 350 Gallon refueller project for Sale

BOBC1940

AlbionAM463_forumPost.jpg

pump montage AlbionAM463 forumPost.jpg

Albion AM463 350 gallon prewar and WW2 refueller for Harts, Hinds, Gladiators, Spitfires, Hurris, Defiants, Battles, Lysanders, Blenheims etc., Battle of France, Battle of Britain and Malta. Currently an extinct type.

Deadline for saving this vehicle as this…July 21 2016.

Anyone interested in the following project for sale to PM me please with contact details, email and tel number, I can then send a project pack with photo set and explain more fully about this one off unique project.

Project for sale. Its fate otherwise is to have a farmers tank fitted as a fictitious postwar liquid dispenser.:cry::shocked:

The only chance the nation will ever see the 350 gallon refueller ever again hangs in the balance.

Please let anyone you feel might be interested know of this.

It was finished in Aircraft camo green and brown, has brass fittings , white hoses and pump compartment, green Zwicky pump and brass fittings inside.

Total Wow factor :wow: at shows especially placed with an aircraft, eye candy !

Currently chassis with cab engine bonnet etc restored and fully working. Driveable 60mph tops.

All the CAD work for the fittings is done or in progress, without which this simply couldn’t happen.

Show organisers will pay for this, so it appears from calls made, film and TV companies will want it, public will love it.

Airfix's new model sold out in a few months as some indication of interest just from modellers !

See such in action at 5:00 in :-

Your country and Albion needs you !

BOBC

Edited by BOBC1940

As this is restored to fully driveable as a chassis, it needs to be made the most of and seen at shows, RAF mus would never run it again, and with the breakdown of the Battle of Britain Museum ( :mad::mad:) its appropriate placement is lost.

Tanker part the next phase to recreate, probably not within their originality remit.

BOBC

Surely the RAF Museum would be interested?

There is an RAF Museum staff member on here by user name of RAFMT

• 3 weeks later...

After a long telephone conversation with the advertiser it became apparent that he is not the owner / seller and that although the truck is a rolling chassis the fuel tank and all pumping equipment is not present and will need to be fabricated, the truck is possibly ex AM though may not have been a refueler.

I could not confirm a price but fear it was beyond me. Plus no pics of the advertised truck were forthcoming.