introduction

hi all, thanks for accepting me into the fold. i am of the airport fire truck scene, in particular the Bedford and Scammell/thornycroft chassis under Pyrene/Chubb Fire bodied vehicles. my father was part of their test and development from the 60's to their demise in '85. i own the build sheets and sales records for most of the trucks around the world.

i have city & guilds in motor vehicle, fluid transmission, welding and metal fabrication, vehicle electrical, combustion engine and carburation. my current restoration is a chubb spearhead, pretty much the only one left it's based on a modified MK chassis with heavy duty axles and powered by a chrysler 440 petrol V8 through an allison MT640 box. most chassis parts are easy to find but the axles i'm struggling to i'd....

so i thought i'd dip my toe into the military scene where i know knowledge is plentyful !

regards Rob

• 1 month later...
hi all, thanks for accepting me into the fold. i am of the airport fire truck scene, in particular the Bedford and Scammell/thornycroft chassis under Pyrene/Chubb Fire bodied vehicles. my father was part of their test and development from the 60's to their demise in '85. i own the build sheets and sales records for most of the trucks around the world.

i have city & guilds in motor vehicle, fluid transmission, welding and metal fabrication, vehicle electrical, combustion engine and carburation. my current restoration is a chubb spearhead, pretty much the only one left it's based on a modified MK chassis with heavy duty axles and powered by a chrysler 440 petrol V8 through an allison MT640 box. most chassis parts are easy to find but the axles i'm struggling to i'd....

so i thought i'd dip my toe into the military scene where i know knowledge is plentyful !

regards Rob

Nice one Rob, that sounds like a cracking resource, and your Dad must have had some great stories. Have you got any photos of the Spearhead?

there's certainly some TACR owners around here somewhere, though I've a soft spot for the Alvis Salamander :)