My introduction

Hello HMVF,

I notice you have an introduction thread on here so I would like to introduce myself. I have been in engineering most of my working career. And still employed for the next 6 years in the Nuclear -power industry. I have been curious and hands on mechanical everything since my very early years. I have a private pilots license, and have flown for around 250 hours as P1.

My other hobbies have been steam engineering. I have my own website: www.bailey-steam.com and have been making models and recently full size rail and road steam engines. I have previously owned a TS Commer 2 stroke lorry for a while, and have always wanted a four wheel drive military lorry. I now have an Austin K9 radio truck as my first vehicle. I also have a series 3 land rover.

I have extensive workshop facilities at home and they include Automatic gear cutting, boring, milling, turning, slotting etc. So that is useful too. I have attached a photo of my last creation for information. It is a full size Steam Tractor called WARRIOR.

I plan to attend the War in the Vale Event. So I hope to meet up with some of you there,

Kind Regards

Colin Dix

Ruston%20arriving%20(08).jpg