Sherman kit boxes(external)

jdmcm

Hello

does anyone have measurements or even better yet plans for building the blanket box and tool box seen often on the back of the turret and rear armor of British and Canadian Sherman's? I use the picture of Adrian's M4A4 as an example without permission. I am sure that I read in Adrian's restoration blog he had constructed both boxes himself. As always any help is greatly appreciated.

John

image.jpg

Sorry for the delay, I've been away with the Sherman and had no internet access. As you say John, I made my boxes. The rear bin was measured from the Tank Museums Firefly, the turret bin from known measurements on my tank and interpolated measurements from photos. I did make sure the turret bin was big enough (just) to take jerry cans.

The rear bin is peculiar to Sherman V, though was occasionally seen on other Shermans. The turret bin is standard to all British Shermans and some other tanks.

Thank you for the reply Adrian, would you have any measurements you could share? I am hoping to build a set for my tank but have very little in the way of a jumping off point, the last turret box I saw in the flesh so to speak was on a Grizzly for sale in Southern California. Do you think the rear plate box would be out of place on a Sherman III?

John