Reo M35

itisiceman

Hi all

I am looking for a Reo M35 Whistler Deuce And A Half Military Cargo Truck pre 1960 !

It must be UK registered.

I live in Devon England UK .

If anyone has one for sale please get in touch.

Tel : 01395 568406

Cheers

Jere

Hi all

I am looking for a Reo M35 Whistler Deuce And A Half Military Cargo Truck pre 1960 !

It must be UK registered.

I live in Devon England UK .

If anyone has one for sale please get in touch.

Tel : 01395 568406

Cheers

Jere

One advertised on Milweb at the moment

There is no such thing as a pre 1960 Reo whistler. There are plenty out there declared as pre 1960 but strictly speaking none of these are legal. I am led to believe DVLA are aware of this situation and will be taking action. If and when this happens owners would be liable to prosecution as every year you are declaring that details are correct and would no longer be able to drive these vehicles on a car licence and they would be subject to an annual test.

Edited by Degsy

There is no such thing as a pre 1960 Reo whistler. There are plenty out there declared as pre 1060 but strictly speaking none of these are legal. I am led to believe DVLA are aware of this situation and will be taking action. If and when this happens owners would be liable to prosecution as every year you are declaring that details are correct and would no longer be able to drive these vehicles on a car licence and they would be subject to an annual test.[/quote

This is right tho there are a few earlier trucks kicking about which during service and overhauls had engine changes and later upgrades etc , I had a truck with some early fixtures and fittings etc but had a later whistler in . Don't think any military vehicle (Take a jeep for example )can be called an original vehicle as such ? .

Edited by martinsaunders06

You appear to misunderstand, there was no mention of the law being changed, the point I was making is all to do with false declaration of the year of manufacture. This applies equally to M35A1 and M35A2 as they were built during the same time period.

• 2 weeks later...