Mk2/5 Ferret.

DFC1943Fl.Lt.

The only trouble is Steve, people will want fondle & poke at the pointy ones, they can't leave them alone. You don't get much of that with the flat ones.

I have observed this behaviour with pointies on one discharger set & flat ones on the other set.

I also stuck a label on "THESE THINGS ARE SMOKE DISCHARGERS. DO NOT TALK TO THE MAN"

That cut down silly questions no end :D

The only trouble is Steve, people will want fondle & poke at the pointy ones, they can't leave them alone. You don't get much of that with the flat ones.

I have observed this behaviour with pointies on one discharger set & flat ones on the other set.

I also stuck a label on "THESE THINGS ARE SMOKE DISCHARGERS. DO NOT TALK TO THE MAN"

That cut down silly questions no end :D

Thanks for the info Clive, anyone know where I can get the flat type covers. lol.

There are quite thick flat ones around sold as covers for smokies but I believe they are actually covers for the ends of torsion bars on Stalwarts?

Where would be the best place to source these Clive and will they fit over the tubes securely with out falling off when driving over bumpy roads.

I'll confirm that people don't leave the conical covers alone. It drives me mad, to the point that I'm thinking of not taking the vehicle to shows anymore - either that or I should smear them with thick, black grease >:(

Tim Vibert of Empire trading has the conical ones. I've not been able to find the flat ones, although I've been thinking about getting some made up, would there be a market for them?

Also, they appear to be different sizes; the flat ones fit the early 3 barrel launchers while the conical ones are larger and fit the 4 barrel launchers.

Cheers,

Terry