Sad sight...

HUC 981

Worst one I've had was a whole wall full of racked NOS WW2 and early post-war parts in a workshop, still in their labelled primary standard packaging. It was a huge resource that many owners could have benefitted from. I was after some bits I knew they had but the yard owner wasn't selling. He 'was going to use them'. I left my number with him and said if ever he changed his mind I would be willing to buy the lot at his price, as long as it wasn't too stupid. He said ok and put my details on his notice board. I was back at the yard some months later to find the whole building had been emptied. I asked one of the employees where they had been moved to and was told they had all been sold to the melting pot. It was at the time the Chinese were buying all metal they could get. I went to see the boss in his office but found he was off the yard on business - but there on the wall was still my number and 'buy all old stock' written alongside! What an a***hole.