CHAT

tyler

Ive noticed that sometimes there are quite a few people on here but no

posts, what i mean is that its almost like people wating for a reply to a

topic so i was wondering if you had a chat room then people wouldent just be waiting for someone to reply, thats my ramble over, just a thought.

Sods law, I thought hmmm should I ask Jack if he's found anything out, but i decided no, and then you come on here, tipical, it would be so good, better than waiting for someone to reply to a post, what did you end up painting the sanky in?

So you get the Landy tomorro, bet you'll be tinkering on it as soon as you get it, when i got the Shorland I was taking it to bit before the lorry had left the drive, there just so easy to work on just like a big muckano set, and parts are so cheep and easy to get, is it tax exempt?

yes,

we were going to drive it back, but as it's about 90 miles and have to go on the M1 we decided to get it trailered. It's a 1983 so it has to be taxed which is a pain, but as the insurance is only £15 a year fully comp (on the same policy as the others) it tends to cancel that out.

When I had my 2A I had no mechincal skills ( some would say I still haven't! ) and it was a real pig. In the year I had it I did less than a 1000miles and spent over a £1000 on repares alone. It was good fun to drive though. As it was a little battle scared I never had to wait long to pull out or to cross main roads, :twisted: just spot a Metro coming and "ask" him to let me go.

Right, I'm off to bed!

See you later

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, Jack, just wondering if theres any news on the CHAT yet?

Thanks.

Tyler.

Hi Tyler.

It is on my list of things that need to be done next week :D

...........even more techno that I have to suss out :oops: :cry:

Hello Tyler, Hello Jack

I've just discovered this Windows Messenger... thingy.

It's great, you can chat online in "live time". And you only allow people to join in that you know and want to speak to.

Only problem, I don't know anyone else who has it other than my sister....and she's only in the next room... so it's a bit pointless!! :cry:

Does anyone else have this?

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard, Ive just done mine so I am now on, Windows messenger is on most windows systems, so I would imagen that most people have it, its a good idea about using it untill a CHAT seaction is up and running.

Tyler.

Hello Tyler, Hello Jack

I've just discovered this Windows Messenger... thingy.

It's great, you can chat online in "live time". And you only allow people to join in that you know and want to speak to.

Only problem, I don't know anyone else who has it other than my sister....and she's only in the next room... so it's a bit pointless!! :cry:

Does anyone else have this?

Regards

Richard

Me too and so do must I the people I know, my company does a great deal of business using MSN as we deal with many people around the world and it is a very efficent way of communication 8)

Great way to send files, iamges etc etc.

Me too and so do must I the people I know

Hello,

I've never noticed I'd got it until last night. :?

I'm not very computer orientated! :oops:

Regards

Richard

......well, I didn't until not that long ago :oops: can't live with out it now :oops: :shock:

Hi Richard, if you go to the top of the messenger page,

click on Tools,

go to add contact,

you type in the persons email address,

then go to options and set the option such as message alerts/your username/ and any other details you want,

you can put people into groups also.

Hope this helps.

My address is bingetyler@yahoo.co.uk

Tyler.

Hi guys.

Ok, done some home work on chat rooms and the consensus is that as that this moment in time that it would be a pain in the backside as it would need to be monitored 24 hours a day at it could be open to abuse.

Is there anywhere we can set up a folder for HMVF using MSN?

• 1 month later...

If you're any thing like my household there are a number of chat clients in use - MSN, ICQ, AIM etc. Best way I found of keeping on top of all this is a neat little freebie package called "Trillian". You can get this from http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/.

Ties all the chat packages together so you only need the 1 program running until a messgae come through - then it automatically fires up the relevant messenger prgorma for you.