charlie1944

Hi. I'm Dan.

im hopefully going to be in a position to buy my first mv by the middle of next year.ill be on the look out for a early war British vehicle Dunkirk era.

i don't have the skills or facilities to do a full resto but minor engine and body work I'll attempt.

Can anyone suggest what I might be better off starting with?

Expect some silly questions

dan in Milton Keynes

Welcome in. A Series Landy is the easiest to start with, though not the bargains they used to be. Spares are easily available and resonable price. If you want to go WW2, got to be a Dodge WC51, fun to drive easy to maintain and the smile factor is stella. :-D

Hi. I'm Dan.

im hopefully going to be in a position to buy my first mv by the middle of next year.ill be on the look out for a early war British vehicle Dunkirk era

dan in Milton Keynes

Dan

Bedford MW aero screen version would be my choice.

Correct for Dunkirk / Early war

Fits in Garage

Parts available - same major mechanicals as QL and OY

less than 3 tonne - makes recovery easier if necessary

Local (to you) MVT members have a lot of Bedford ww2 vehicle knowledge.

Tim

Hi,thanks for the welcomes and suggestions.

would love a mw aero or Morris,but am also swayed towards an oy.

hopefully by the summer I'll have £7000+ so can properly look then.would like to do some work but would not be able to do a full field find resto.

been doing plenty of reading on here to get a feel of what I'd be comfortable with.

thanks guys

Join MVT if you haven't already (will get you discount on insurance and better contact with other owners) - put wanted adverts into the Windscreen magazine... also wanted advert on Milweb (think this one feeds into Classic Military magazine).

NB - If you go OYD, make sure you get one where the cab does not have the gun ring cut through over the passenger's seat as recall this modification came along after 1940.

Tim

Edited by Packhow75

Join MVT if you haven't already (will get you discount on insurance and better contact with other owners) - put wanted adverts into the Windscreen magazine... also wanted advert on Milweb (think this one feeds into Classic Military magazine).

NB - If you go OYD, make sure you get one where the cab does not have the gun ring cut through over the passenger's seat as recall this modification came along after 1940.

Tim

Thanks for the advice Tim,

The correct attiitude! Be Optomistic! ;) Two bits of advice, be patient, and take someone else along when you look to prevent love at first sight. The OY isn't a bad old truck really, plenty of room for shows and family.

Thanks for the advice,think that would be best being a newbie as I'd prob buy one I like the look of but is actually a donkey.

oy or mw I think