UAZ469 'jeeps'

Skint George

There Great toys! I have owned my 452 Loaf, for 4 years ish now. Same running gear, engine, gearboxes as 469. Great in 4wd in standard format, handy for War and Peace! its pulled all sorts out of kitchener's.

I use mine as a daily driver, back and forth to work. Cruises at 48ish mph, happy then, will hit 60 but is revving it nutts off. 15mpg maybe, channel chassis so no welding there, but 469's rot the steps out, along with doors, tops and bottoms.

Great designs, but there manufacturing quality is poor, the Russian rubber components will fail, but being a 1972's truck it can be excused. Simple easy mechanics, meant to be fixed by Russian farmers with basic training. Hand full of spanners can strip the lot of.

Love the idea of a 469, drop the roof and front screen for a cruise to the pub or beer tent, if i had to choose again it may be different. Can fit a bed in my 452 tho.

Think trapper had one for sale at W&P but there are other dealers who may bring one in, few old dogs about in private hands, normally rotten. The older Russian trucks are better built, but a newer 469 would have less welding needed.

I brought one cos its not a land rover, its different, blank look on faces at big shows, nobody knows what it is. Its a useful vehicle, drivable and usable.

Go on buy one!!!

Pm or ask any thing, feel free, goggle will answer a lot, normally takes you to another specific forum i frequent.

Pete

Hi Pete.

I love the old fashioned look of the vehicles.

I suppose the old saying works, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The 469 looks good but the GAZ 69 does it for me.

How much could I expect to pay for either of these vehicles in good running condition?

Have you got any recent photos of yours?

George