Help!! I Really have been STUPID!!!

Sylvester

Question

Hi Everyone, :shocking:

I sent off for a barrel lock with key for my little ferret, I fitted said barrel lock.... :redfaced:

But.... the key does not work it!! :banghead:

So, Now I have a ferret that no one can nick!... but niether can I start the ....Thing!! :yawn2:

Any suggestions most welcome, I have tried to contact the ebay comp. that sold it, but... no reply as yet!

Anybody ever had to drill a ferret barrel lock before??

It was all going so well too!

All the baest to you all, might see you at the show.... If I can ever get it started again! :whistle:

Fred :thankyou:

8 answers to this question

Fred. I think it works in an unexpected way. Normally you put a key in then turn the key. But I have got a feeling that with this mechanism you put the key in, which doesn't turn, but it allows the previously locked ignition switch (through which the barrel goes) to then turn.

Thanks guys,

But..... I put the key in and nothing turns, not the key or the outer! :banghead:

Absolutely nothing!! I should have known when it all went in so easily! :argh:

I shall have to drill it if I dont get a reply :oops2:

Any more suggestions most welcome!! I aint looking forward to trying to drill it!!

All the beast,

Fred :banana:

I was told that you can release the barrel by dismantling the whole switchboard unit & going in from the back of the barrel.

I will need to dismantle mine as have a barrel fitted but no key. I suppose the advantage I have over yours Fred is that the barrel must be bust as I can turn the switch without the key :-(

Fred,

I think you might have put the barrel in the wrong way round? I'm sure I spoke to someone else who did this and had to remove it and put another one in!

Chris

No... Definately went in the right way!! :banghead: There is a small locating lug at the bottom which it has to line up with!

Have now had a e-mail from the seller, got to send him a photo of the key? :nut:

Ah Well, Will try this method before dismantling the switch box ..AGAIN!! did this once before... Definately fiddly!! :argh:

Cheers folks

Fred

Good News Folks... :-D

The seller has had a look at the photo's of the key and .... it is the wrong one!! :whistle: :whistle:

He is sending me the right one in the post..... So, I shall go to the B... Show!! :dancinggirls:

All the Beast

Fred :banana: