Willys Radiator Repair

CharlieH

Morning All,

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can repair and do some minor refurbishment work on a 1944 Willys MB radiator.

It's pretty original and still has it's old British Army green paint in places from when it was rebuilt in about 45 so I'm very keen to keep it with the vehicle.

The overflow pipe has come away and it has had the drain valve removed and where this has been patched there is a small leak, basically some soldering work, a flush and then a bit of making good.

IMAG1670_zpsvzlypcl5.jpg

IMAG1672_zpsypqw7zo8.jpg

Thanks in Advance

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

Morning,

Quick update, received the radiator back yesterday from Bryan and Sons, he's done a lovely job and was very helpful throughout. Its had a complete overhaul, new core, new overflow pipe and a repaint.

The only issue I had was that I was advised (Jeep parts) that Jeep radiators have a 3 core system yet when mine was taken apart it only had a 2 core. I asked to have a 3 core re-installed but Bryan advised that this wouldn't fit and in fact the the old core had been cut down at some point. It seems that the core had already been repaired but probably whilst in service with the British Army.

So a new 2 core has been fitted and on initial trials it is running well, keeping a temp of around 180-190 which I think is fairly acceptable.

finished article.

DSC_0914_zps2tedbk4s.jpg

DSC_0915_zpskcnbrimc.jpg

DSC_0916_zps4o68dyzt.jpg