Info on bridging units 1944 - 1945

PB1954RNS

img271.jpgHi. Can any one help me with unit details of bridging units that used these lorries Albion BY5 FBE - Folding Boat Equipment. Im looking for all the army vehicle markings, unit numbers so that I can put the Albion into the correct markings for 1944 - 45.

You can email any photo's - they are always welcome - to paulburns@honey45.plus.com

Any help would be most welcome as I would like to see it in the correct markings.

Cheers

Paul Burns.

l would contact the ROYAL ENGINEERS MUSEUM CHATHAM for a list of bridging units in Europe at the time 1944/ 45

and any details of markings

Hi Wally

I did contact them about the markings used in 1944-45 but told how the internet was a wonderful tool to find these details. Told to look for a web site by Peter Ghiringhelli and use Blue Cross on White for 2nd army, Blue square and put White 145 - uint number for 36 engineers.

Just wondering if any one had different info on other units who used these lorries

Cheers.

Paul Burns.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
These three formation signs are in a book published by 21st. Army [ATTACH=CONFIG]101301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]101302[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]101303[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]101304[/ATTACH]group at the end of the war. These signs were used on vehicles and not formation signs as worn on BD, John.

Hi John.

Many, Many thanks for the details and sorry for the delay in replying to you. Great details I shall make a careful note of the details and try to see if I can get them reproduced, as I think one of the bages would look good on the front mud guard.

Again many thanks for your help and sorry for the delay in replying.

Cheers.

Paul Burns.