hi from milton keynes

hi,

about time I introduced myself after lurking on here a while.

im dan from Milton Keynes,always been interested in military especially ww2.im part of a living history group called "poor bloody infantry".

Ive always wanted a military vehicle from the ww2 period motorbike to a tank.but with young kids I find my budget doesn't stretch that far yet. whats the cheapest way to start in ownership? wouldn't mind a royal enfield flying flea or matchless g3l to start the ball rolling

well that's a bit about me

dan

hi,thanks for the welcomes.

was my first year with the group last year and had some great fun.

been looking for a flea but not come across any yet,doesnt help a member of our group has 4(greedy man)

hopefully the saving will go well and ill be able to afford something nice.

Hello Dan, also from MK. Good to see another local on here. I started off with a Landrover, sold it, Landy ambulance, sold it. Bought a knackered 1944 Morris, sold that, then a Ferret eventually ending up to be able to afford a 44 GPW. Took a while......

:)

hi,do you go to the mk museum event?

well hopefully the saving will go to plan as long as the wife and kids don't get in my way ha ha.

hopefully get a brit truck or jeep.a bren carrier would be amazing but till my lotto ticket comes up ill have to dream till then.

might start with a motorbike to start.

Yep, I do, Im one of the organisers. Normally go up with the jeep, though couldn't make this year as we went to France.

Yep, that was bad timming Rick, missed the show and was a couple of months late in Normandy.

Ps has Joy spoken to you about the MK show ?

Yep, that was bad timming Rick, missed the show and was a couple of months late in Normandy.

Ps has Joy spoken to you about the MK show ?

Yes, on both counts!

Have been in touch with her, I want to try and get an evening event on as well, fingers crossed.

thanks for the welcomes guys.

I have been mk museum the last couple of years,nice friendly event. don't think I can make this years show as it clashes with the victory show I believe.

thanks for the offer of a ride in one of you vehicles,sounds great.never actually been for a ride in one so that would be great one day.

do you guys also do wicksteed? stoke bruernne?