Morris Light Utility car

geoffleese

Good morning everyone. A German author friend of mine has asked if I know anyone who could provide him with some good pictures of what he describes as a "Morris light utility car".

I don't, offhand - I guess it's one version of what might be called a "Tilly"?

Can any of you folks be any help, please?

Would you belive it! Pictures of everything and only one of the back of a Tilly at Ver in 2005! However, he might mean this one, a n Austin 7 military vehicle. This one was at the Mall in London. They went across in 1940 as radio vehicles, about 30 if i remeber, all were lost ecxcept this one. It had been involved in an acident on the way to the port, been shoved in a barn and forgotten about.

Austin light utility.jpg

Thank you Tony, thank you Ron.

First response was to reccomend Hagen to the Tilly register, and to send him a link to the same.

He loves your photo Tony, and asks for a better resolution copy please - he needs the pictures for printing, ultimately, and not for web use.

If anyone out there has a Morris Tilly that they'd be happy to give pictures of or to have photographed, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks again chaps.

A friend of mine here in Dorset (Ferndown) has a Morris Tilly, He's restored, owned and rallied it for about 40 years. He would be happy to share time/pictures/stories etc, but he's not on the internet. I can act as go between if required.

Ron

A friend of mine here in Dorset (Ferndown) has a Morris Tilly, He's restored, owned and rallied it for about 40 years. He would be happy to share time/pictures/stories etc, but he's not on the internet. I can act as go between if required.

Ron

Thank you Ron. That would indeed be very helpful.

Geoff, Andy. If you could please PM me with your email address's, I'll forward you his phone number to start with. He has lots of pictures of his restoration and other pictures and books. He is more than willing to help or take measurements or spend time with whoever wants to visit him. But I'm afraid it will have to be done by phone call or letter or visit. Otherwise I will need to go there and take pictures. He's getting on in years and both he and his wife have had some health issues. But the Morris has always been his love and hobby, and he likes to share it. Ron