Help - need photos of British Airborne Trailer Type nr 2.

I need some pics of the British late-WW2 10-cwt (Airborne) Lightweight Trailer Nr 2 in wartime action.

The trailer with the profiles on the outside of the metal body, not the earlier and more well-known Airborne trailer we see in Normandy and Arnhem.

If anyone has such photos or links then pls respond.

Thanks

Hi,

I've looked for WWII photos of the No2 Airborne trailer when I had one as part of the collection, but I never managed to find any.

The nearest is this newspaper clip gleaned from somewhere on the internet and shows a Korean War photo of one in use:

BW - AussieMishapTyp 2.jpg

I thought this could be one but it might be a gs trailer? I found the pic on war relics forum

dave

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97565[/ATTACH]

Dave,

Agree with you, not a Lightweight No2. They are longer and have noticeably more overhang behind axle

John,

Thanks for the Korean War photo. I think this must be the only one in existence. Thought I had seen one of a Nr 2 in service with British in Palestine in late 40's but have trawled the web without success. Something will turn up one day.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...