Clansman 349

guykay

Hi

The ranges for the 349 are:

Rolling Countryside - 2.0 to 2.8km

Wooded Countryside - 1.2 to 1.5km

Built-up Area - 0.3 to 0.5km

Hope this helps if you need anything else like frequency ranges just let me know!

Thanks,

Jak

Hi all

I have a couple of clansman 349 radios, anyone got any idea of what the range of these is? Also where can I get a charger for the nicad battery pack s for them?

Tedious legal warning: They don't cover any of the UK amateur bands, nor any of the "licence exempt" frequencies, and it is an offence to use them in the UK (and probably elsewhere, too).

They're also extremely difficult to convert (due to the design) to any legally usable frequency.

Not of course that I would have any intention of even switching these devices in, but out of curiosity, who's frequency toes would be be treading on by using the radios?

The military, of course.

Radio spectrum doesn't go away when the equipment becomes obsolete and is sold off as surplus/scrap. It's a finite resource and remains allocated to the original "owner", who has new, shiny, equipment to use on the same frequency bands.

Chris.

There was an official range calculator which is slightly limited to pairs of identical stations but it may well be useful.

30km with EVHF pineapples is realistic in flat country - locally in West Suffolk we have managed 22km 353 to 352 in rolling country with ~ 200 foot hills in the way.

vhf-path-prediction-p2.jpg

I have converted this to Excel - PM me for a copy if interested

Iain

73 de G0OZS

vhf-path-prediction-p1.jpg

Edited by g0ozs
Add mention of spreadsheet