Bulbs

gas 44

I had a parallel problem trying to get orange bulbs in 24v 10w.

The answer for me was to go to a craft shop & buy translucent glass paint. To cure it the instruction was to bake the glass in the oven, but I just left the bulbs turned on for 5-10 mins.

This is the stuff I used. In the shop I asked for advice on how best to get an orange suitable for a turn light. It was suggested that I get a much darker shade as painting a bulb would only give a thin layer.

"Paprika" was recommended & in use it turned out to be a very good orange. This was about 15 years ago & the coating has remained physically stable & maintained its colour. At the time it cost £2.99.

DSC07515.jpg

I used it for bulbs on the front of my Humber where the turn lights where originally white. Nobody expects to see flashing white lights these days & lenses in these fittings are only in red or clear. For originality I didn't want to paint the lens orange, so just painted the bulbs.

12v21w are no problem in orange, I use them in my Panzerwagon indicators(BMW) but 6v would be impossible.

Orange paint is the best way as everyone has said I am sure..

Yes we use 12v in our other vehicles but the jeep is 6v and I would like to keep it that way. My local motorcycle shop assured me they would be no problem but on that score are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.