Vintage Fly in and Military Vehicle Display and Air Show Follow up

ARTBYDAVID

After the recent Vintage Fly In and Military Vehicle Display at Sleap Airfield and the Welshpool Air Show I would like to share a few images of some of the Watercolours I painted at the two events.

The weather was pretty rough at both days for the Event at Sleap and crowds were very low. I big thank you to the members of Shropshire Aeroclub who shared the Lecture room, and in particular Matt who supplied the home made burgers that were delicious, and his excellent home made wine.

The Air Show at Welshpool was a brilliant day weather wise, with a full and excellent display of Aircraft. Good crowds and a good day Business wise, and I still managed to paint in between customers.Web Bucker Silhouette 2.jpg

Web Bucker Silhouette.jpg

Web Chinook silhouette finished.jpg

Web Hurricanes Silhouette.jpg

Web Lancaster Silhouette 2.jpg

Web Lancaster Silhouette 3.jpg

Web P1090016.jpg

Web Soldiers Silhouette.jpg

Web Spitfire group silhoutte.jpg

Web Spitfire Silhouette  1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Fantastic artwork, how long did each one take roughly to create, as you say you painted during the shows?

Sorry been busy and hadn't kept up to date with my posts. Not all of the images were painted at the shows, the Oil Paintings had to be painted in advance to allow drying time. The other watercolours are quite small around 7" x 5" and were all painted throughout 3 days. Unfortunately the show at Sleap was very wet and quieter so it allowed me to produce six of the images at the event. At the Welshpool Air show I only managed to finish one Watercolour. It was a great day weather wise and a lot busier. So potentially around 2 hours or so on each one.

Hope that helps and again apologies for the slow reply.

Sorry been busy and hadn't kept up to date with my posts. Not all of the images were painted at the shows, the Oil Paintings had to be painted in advance to allow drying time. The other watercolours are quite small around 7" x 5" and were all painted throughout 3 days. Unfortunately the show at Sleap was very wet and quieter so it allowed me to produce six of the images at the event. At the Welshpool Air show I only managed to finish one Watercolour. It was a great day weather wise and a lot busier. So potentially around 2 hours or so on each one.

Hope that helps and again apologies for the slow reply.

I forgot to add that the beauty of silhouettes is that they are quick, keep the costs down but they are very effective.