New owner of a 1994 defender 110

terryo

Hi everyone , i have just brought an ex army defender 110 ! I have been looking on the web and see there is a club called the ex military land rover association and was wondering if its worth joining ? I am already a member of the MVT , so just looking for peoples opinion of EMLRA to see if its worth the cost of joining

thanks

terry

Terry welcome. Yes I belong to EMLRA & been in from the beginning (1990? I think). So the club is older than your Rover :-D

I also belong to the MVT both clubs perform different roles. The EMLRA has a colour Newsletter/mag that comes out every two months. The content covers a wide range of military Rovering with something for most tastes. I can't give too much away but the next Newsletter has a competition with three copies of a new military Rover book just published & later on in the year another competition for another two Rover books.

The club has stand/display areas at the bigger shows, so if you want the security of knowing you have a space reserved & to rub shoulders with other Rovers & their owners then this is for you. Far better particularly if you are new to MV shows to be able mix in with people with similar interest.

That really was the start of the club. Because the first show I attended with my LightWeight I was made to feel so embarrassed & unwanted that I parked my vehicle in the public car park. For several shows on other exhibitors all seemed to know each other & were not interested in communicating to a new person who just had a Land Rover.

The club was a coming together of people who were treated like that who banded together to do their own thing. I should say attitudes have changed to a large degree. But the club is still going so it must be providing some sort of need :-D

• 4 weeks later...