new addition

Cold_War_Collection

Well,

not having a military vehicle for some time now has been ok, as I work on a fleet of them as my day job, but sometimes, you get lured back into ownership! Unlike the big projects, such as our Saracen and Stolly, I have always sought out lighter and smaller, particularly the two-wheeled variety...

so, here she is, new to me Canadian MT-500!, serial # 053 of 85. I have included a shot of a TRW that I restored back in the mid 90's, now sold, she is in Toronto, Ont.

PDF+8+(3).jpg

Canadian Mt-500 # 053.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, We've just acquired a Moto Guzzi from Holland. I think it's ex-military and would like to display it as such. It has a painted Tac sign on the front mudguard - a yellow tree on a blue shield. Does anyone know what outfit used this tac sign please? See attached photos.Dutch Moto Guzzi 2 001.jpg

Dutch Moto Guzzi 001.jpg

Very nice am especially jealous of the Triumph,and also welcome to another owner of a moto guzzi mine didnot have any unit markings on it, i will ask my friend in The Netherlands if he knows.

Simon

The tree stump actually represents William of Orange (William I) who was assasinated.("cut short")

the tree that grows from the stump represents his son Prince Maurits, who is seen as the ultimate trainer of the army. he was very young when he took over when his father was murdered. He introduced tactics into the army...

Edited by Markwise

The tree stump actually William of Orange (William I) who was assasinated.

the tree that grows from the stump represents his son Prince Maurits, who is seen as the ultimate trainer of the army. he was very young when he took over when his father was murdered. He introduced tactics into the army...

Wow Guys,

That's really terrific and so fast. Great to track this down and I'll display the markings with pride! We'll be at the Toddington GWR event at the end of April. Thanks for all the responses. Bill