Mint unissued SAS windproof and trousers by HE Textiles

Edward53

I recently purchased these from two different sources but they obviously come from the same original batch. Both have the size stamped in a box by the label, but although the smock label is for a 7, it is stamped 5, presumably a mistake as it seems like a 7. The smock was from mainland Europe at a very reasonable price indeed, the trousers from ebay at a less cheap but still fair price or so I thought. Anyway I had to get the trousers once I'd ordered the smock, and it was a relief to open the parcel this morning and find the smock exactly as described. Hope this is of interest!

SAS windproof trsrs label.jpg

SAS windproof.jpg

SAS windproof inside.jpg

SAS windproof label.jpg

SAS windproof trsrs.jpg

Very nice indeed - don't often see then in that condition or size.

I suspect the 'HE 5' stamp is more likely the quality controller stamp number rather than a second guess at size.

You have a large sized smock and a small pair of trousers there - as the 01, 02, 03 sizes were smallest issue size available.

H E Textiles did seem to be a the better end of the makers of that era.

Absolutely, I am 6-2 and 44 chest and there is room to spare in that smock! The arms are especially long. However the trousers are bigger than you might think, and the two items don't look obviously mismatched when laid side by side. I don't know why the trousers are 03 instead of 3 as the size seems right for a 3.

The quality does seem quite good but maybe that's due to the newness. Both labels still glint like mica fragments or dried egg white. I like combat clothing in this condition, as though you've been to the stores and back in a time machine.