Radio installation - British Army - White Scout Car 1944/45

Packhow75

Am looking for photos of the WS19, WS9, WS52 radio sets installed in the White Scout Car in 1944/45 to assist me with my restoration - specifically the WS9.

Also external shots showing fitting of antennas, mounts, generator brackets etc.

Many thanks

Tim

One of the documentation copy companies is doing copies of

"Wireless Sets No. 19, 19 H.P., 19/19, 19 H.P./19

in

Trucks, 15 cwt., 4x4, Personnel

and

Trucks, 15 cwt., Half tracked, Personnel

Fitting Instructions".

It covers the White Scout Car.

Alas I don't know which company it was and my copy isn't marked, but hopefully with the mouthful of the name you can track it down.

One of the documentation copy companies is doing copies of

"Wireless Sets No. 19, 19 H.P., 19/19, 19 H.P./19

in

Trucks, 15 cwt., 4x4, Personnel

and

Trucks, 15 cwt., Half tracked, Personnel

Fitting Instructions".

It covers the White Scout Car.

Alas I don't know which company it was and my copy isn't marked, but hopefully with the mouthful of the name you can track it down.

I have this one (thanks!) - there are some useful drawings - but was really after original pics from the period.

Cheers

Tim

The Army/RAF used a White equipped with a R1155/T1154 to talk to aircraft during the Market Garden operation. It failed just when they were under attack and they couldn't call down the rocket equipped Typhoon aircraft above.

Have you tried the 19 set group? http://www.royalsignals.org.uk/

You're referring to the Air Support Signals Unit - you are correct, they also used the White (my interest is Phantom GHQ Liaison Regt) and have trawled google looking for pics... but dont assume from that I will have seen all the pics out there!

Not tried WS19 group thanks - will drop them a line.

Though have tried Louis Meulstee, the author of the Wireless for the Warrior series and he's been kind enough to send me the few pictures he has... we think his are also ASSU vehicles though.

Cheers

Tim