British Land Rover 1 Tonne Ambulance previous identities

robin craig

So, it is a well known fact that the 1 tonne ambulances were made from soft top GS vehicles by Marshalls.

I understand that obviously they retained their chassis number from Land Rover, that would be logical.

But what about the military registration? I would think that they would be in the XX FL XX range but then became XX GJ XX.

So is there a register of those number conversions?

Were the vehicles previously issued vehicles or were they from a CVD somewhere?

Yes I am a new member of the 101 club and will be asking my question there also.

Regards

Robin

So, it is a well known fact that the 1 tonne ambulances were made from soft top GS vehicles by Marshalls.

I understand that obviously they retained their chassis number from Land Rover, that would be logical.

But what about the military registration? I would think that they would be in the XX FL XX range but then became XX GJ XX.

So is there a register of those number conversions?

Were the vehicles previously issued vehicles or were they from a CVD somewhere?

Yes I am a new member of the 101 club and will be asking my question there also.

Regards

Robin

Hi Robin,

might not be a record. When we went looking for the Saracen regi, we found that once issued with a new number , any records of the previous regi was now lost. I hope thats not the case for the 101's. Perhaps Marshalls kept records of what was converted to what?

Good Luck!

Nick

What you're looking for is on the 101 club website but it's a pig to find. If you go to www.101club.org and log in (you will have to sign up if you haven't already) There's a menu on the right hand side of the page headed Club Members Area. At the bottom of the list is Vehicle Register, where details of all the 101s can be found.