Land Rover Wolf Rad Haz/Insulation Kit

LL25AA

I keep seeing these things on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Military-Defender-Wolf-xD-TUM-Radiation-Hazard-Thermal-Insulation-Kit-/191017722039?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item2c798b20b7

and they always state that they are for a 110. I've seen a couple of comments suggesting that they also fit the TUL/90 just by leaving out one section. Can anyone confirm this for me.

Looking to install in lieu of sourcing a hard top, which appear to be as rare as rocking horse droppings for a Wolf 90!!! If anyone knows of an intact/easily repairable example there's beer tokens waiting!!!

Some sellers like to peddle these as winterisation or arctic kits which is nonsense. They would be pretty ineffective for that, the thin foam is just to give some support to the aluminium covering.

They were only to be fitted to FFR vehicles for RF radiation protection purposes. Although I admit they are also quite handy for reducing condensation & giving a more cosy feel to the inside.

Kits for the 90 are out there but extremely rare at the moment. I fitted the 110 kit to my 90. The front piece is the same, but you need to omit the middle section as the rear section has the straps. You will find rear section will have quite a few gaps but will do until the proper thing turns up. With my middle section I cut it up & made blackout pieces to go inside the windscreen & side door windows.

I have one in my 90 (canvas tilt), was a 90 kit though, and it definitely helps on the noise side, and to keep it warmer, and the condensation out as Clive said. Mine is currently sitting in Romania waiting for me to come back and do another cross country trip, I was there a few weeks ago when it was cold and it helped a lot....They actually fit a regular tilt well, even if it is not a wolf. I used some zip ties to attach the sides and actually cut a hole in the front section and pulled the straps through to attach it to the front. Not shown here though.

021.jpg

Edited by lssah2025