Help with Ferret Resto

WCMatt

Hello List!

Is there anyone on the forum who is doing a complete tear down restoration of a ferret scout car (other then me)? I seem to be missing the inner steering box linkage pins that connect the steering box to the pitman arms. If anyone has these pins out & handy would you mind taking some measurements for me? That way, I can have some made....

Kind Regards,

Matt

&

00EA85

Robin

Thank you for replying. I'm not in a great rush as the ferret is not my daily driver (would be cool, though :cool2: ). The resto has come to a stop because of it. I don't have any pictures of the pins in question but I will get you the part numbers & the page number showing the exploded illustration from the EMRS manual tomorrow when I swing by the shop.

Regards,

Matt

Oddly enough it's not shown in the illustrated parts catalogue... Where it would be if it were would be the connecting pin for the inner steering levers (illustration G3) to the steering shafts in the steering bevel box (#22/39 in illustration G2). I believe the linkage pin part #s are FV50837 & FV9872

Mick

Yes I'm aware that these parts are available but for someone outside the UK it's difficult at best. There is a parts supplier in the US but he doesn't seem to ever have any of the parts I need or return emails. Guys like Banister's or even Marcus Glenn really don't want to sell to people across the pond. It makes for a slow going.....

Matt

there are enthusiasts and dealers here in the uk who can sell you the parts you require. most parts are available if you know who to ask.

good luck with the project mick

Hello Mick:

I am in the USA........Would you please send me a PM (private message) of the quality people that I can order some parts from for my 1954 Ferret MK1 in the UK ? I really appreciate it..Thank you...

Joe in the USA...