Florida Ferret Owner: 1, Florida TAG Office: 0

PC1075

As many of you now know, I purchased 01CC99 in Memory of my Dad (see previous post) who passed away in June 2013. I found 01CC99 in the UK and had it shipped to Florida. No issues what so ever, found myself two fantastic brokers to handle all the paperwork required for Export and Import ...NO issues what so ever and believe me when I say, you have nothing to worry about, anyone can do it, just make sure you get the right brokers to help you (PM me and I will gladly supply them to you). We picked up 01CC99 from Port Jacksonville, FL ...US Customs where on hand to help us load it on our trailer in return for a quick drive around the impound before leaving. :cool2:

Then my nightmare began. Went to my local Orange County TAG Agency here in Orlando to obtain a Title and Tag, the Supervisor took one look at the Ferret and almost had a heart attack, she swore she would not let me drive it on the roads of Orlando stating this was a tank, not a scout car and she even took a picture of the Ferret and emailed it to ALL Agencies within Orange County :mad:. Well, Thanks to my newly made friends at the DMV Office (former Military guys) , I am here today to report I have a Title and Tag in hand for 01CC99. It took an amazing 2 days, 3 hours and 22 minutes to obtain it and we even got the Florida State Office for the DMV involved but a Precedence has been set and from here forward, any new Ferret Owners wishing to Title and Tag their Ferret in the Sunshine State of Florida will have no issues what so ever, in fact, it should only take you about 15-20 minutes to do so. Thanks to the Supervisor who vowed I would not get the Title/Tag, Florida State DMV made a new category for Ferrets - Tank/Truck or TN on the title. Not what I was expecting but it is done and we can move forward. The reason behind the TN (in the minds of Government Officials) is easy, the Ferret has a Hull of a Tank, but the Wheels of a Truck - hence TN!!!

I must also say a BIG "Thank You" to a certain Ferret Owner in South Florida who not only lent an ear...but provided tremendous support and input for me when the past couple of days seemed grim. "KEEP CALM AND FERRET ON"

:D

I am glad to hear that your kerfuffle with the authorities has had a positive conclusion.

I have had to lend a hand to others up here going through the same fiasco.

I even know one lad who drove on public roads fully legal like and was bagged by the Mounties (RCMP). It made the news for a week or so until the horsemen finally conceded that while a little out of context and perhaps a minor oversight of judgement was involved neither the vehicle owner or the commander had committed any offences. They did however set the Ministry of Transport of Ontario on the poor gent but that backfired when the MTO insector saw the vehicle and quizzed the owner and saw how everything on the vehicle is designed for road use.

R