Loads of ex-MVs on Youtube

Ivor Ramsden

lovely stuff :) ...I've always loved Fairgrounds :cheesy: ....when the fair came every summer to a green near where I grew up I would happily wander down there...not to go on the rides because I never had enough pocket money to indulge in that as much as I wanted to....instead I would spend hours just wandering about behind the rides admiring all the massive living vans and looking at the usual array of 're-jigged' ex-army vehicles they had :)

Great stuff ! thanks for sharing ! :)

My Old Man used to take me into town (Oxford) when St Giles' Fair was setting up. I wanted to look at the big wheel,roundabouts and gallopers etc. He used to lead me around the back to look at the WD vehicles many of them with huge Gardner engines running away on the back. Fifty years after I realise that he was right and he has left me with a virtual lifetime's interest,good on him.

I agree with Bob and David,

Brilliant selection of vehicles. I am sure the child next to the Guy could have been anyone of us, that was more my era of lorry.

What was it about those Gardiners that made them so popular as generator sets? They were always thrashing at full revs all day long.

R