Green ?? Patt Smock,no labels so no idea what pattern.

Scotch Harry

• 4 weeks later...

It's the early issue of the 60 pattern smock......lined only down to the waist and with the earlier 50s style sleeve design with the underarm vents and rectangular elbow reinforcement.........these were made 61 - 64 when the sleeve design was vastly improved........

Early issues of this type between 61 - 63 had the lining in windproof gabardine, later issues 63-64 (and thereafter with the revised model) in cotton poplin..........so you can date reasonably accurately........:D

• 3 months later...
It's the early issue of the 60 pattern smock......lined only down to the waist and with the earlier 50s style sleeve design with the underarm vents and rectangular elbow reinforcement.........these were made 61 - 64 when the sleeve design was vastly improved........

Early issues of this type between 61 - 63 had the lining in windproof gabardine, later issues 63-64 (and thereafter with the revised model) in cotton poplin..........so you can date reasonably accurately........:D

ssues of this type between 61 - 63 had the lining in windproof gabardine, later issues 63-64 (and thereafter with the revised model) in cotton poplin..

Sorry if a rookie question but how would I tell the difference between gabardine and poplin?

Thanks

Just been looking at my smocks as this got me wondering. The lining weave of my 55 and 62 dated smocks is in fine diagonal lines, whilst on my 66 dated one it's crosshatched like the weave of a handkerchief. The difference is only obvious if you look closely.