Memoirs by tank designers, suppliers, producers?

Bruce Newsome

I am looking for any published memoirs by persons directly involved in the design or production of tanks up to 1945? Say an engineer at Vickers or Metropolitan Carriage recalling their involvement in designing or assembling tanks, or a government inspector of tank deliveries, or a procurer at the Ministry of Supply. I have Macleod Ross' "The Business of Tanks" from 1976 as one example. Does anyone know of any similar memoirs?

Rolls Royce Heritage Trust publish a book on the development of the Meteor engine/Cromwell tank that covers a lot of the personalities involved. (HS35 from here - http://www.rolls-royce.com/about/heritage/publications/ ) - lol great minds, I see Rick has posted the same one while I've been typing.

On a related note, you may also be interested in "In the wake of the tank" and "Our Armoured Forces" both by Giffard "Q" Martel which are contemporary accounts of armoured warfare development from ww1 and ww2 respectively. He saw tanks all the way through from first use to the end of ww2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_Martel

the rolls royce heritage trust did a book on the meteor engine development which goes into great detail about the contribution made by W A Robottom to british tank design. I would highly recommend it

Book, The Vickers' Tanks covers from year dot to Challenger 2. Not in depth stuff that you are after but contains the general outline of what they did and why. Probably get it on Amazon.