Want to sleep on Upottery airfield? - 28/29 July Smeatharpe air weekend.

Jack

28/29th July.

Guys, just wanted to give you the heads up for whats looking like a very special event to be held down on the Upottery Airfield, Devon.

The reason this is special is as some of you know (some through experience Shocked ) that this place has been 'off limits' ever since ever.

I will have more details this week There is going to be a visit from the last surviving USAF pilot who flew C-47's from there.......not saying that this is going to happen but a C-47 may just be landing at Upottery

Perfect opportunity for a photo shoot on an historic airfield.

We are looking for all period allied vehicles and airborne reenactors. Also need some German reenactors to 'roam' around the 'marshalling area'.....as happened days before the departure of the paratroopers.

..........let your imagination run free!

I will also be organising a road run to areas of interest (Pubs) around the Upottery airfield........

Will post up as soon as I have more information and please let me know if you are interested or can be of any help - think this one is a one off.

Best wishes.

Jack.

Why has there been so little publicity with regard to this event Jack?

The show season is almost upon us and I have seen nothing in print - other than on HMVF.

Is this an 11hr hour show - or has it been quietly been ticking away in the back ground?

Sounds fun whatever

cds

Why has there been so little publicity with regard to this event Jack?

The show season is almost upon us and I have seen nothing in print - other than on HMVF.

Is this an 11hr hour show - or has it been quietly been ticking away in the back ground?

Sounds fun whatever

cds

Hi Clive.

Yes pretty much 12th hour :cry:

But now I am on the case - organising vehicles and reenactors :-D

It is going to be a very special event.