Militant Gun Tractor... seating & aux gearbox help

RecyMech

Good afternoon all,

Plans to create the next in the Classic British Series of 1/24th kits have changed a little. After some thought, I have decided to go for a 6x6 Gun Tractor rather than a cargo version. (Being as I already have the 5.5" to accompany it)

This is scheduled to get properly underway in November.

Having spent the day with Simon Daymond in Leeds (thanks again Simon) I now have about 90% of the info I need...but;-

• Would anyone have any pictures please of the original or restored seating arrangement in a gun tractor body...i.e. the large stowage box & its seating arrangment along with the individual rear seats ?
  • The next thing is, would anyone have any pictures or scans from a manual of the auxilliary gearbox, in particular the front face with the winch drive ?

Cheers in advance, all help much appreciated.

Best regs.......Howard @ KFS

kfs1@btinternet.com

Good afternoon all,

Plans to create the next in the Classic British Series of 1/24th kits have changed a little. After some thought, I have decided to go for a 6x6 Gun Tractor rather than a cargo version. (Being as I already have the 5.5" to accompany it)

This is scheduled to get properly underway in November.

Having spent the day with Simon Daymond in Leeds (thanks again Simon) I now have about 90% of the info I need...but;-

• Would anyone have any pictures please of the original or restored seating arrangement in a gun tractor body...i.e. the large stowage box & its seating arrangment along with the individual rear seats ?

• The next thing is, would anyone have any pictures or scans from a manual of the auxilliary gearbox, in particular the front face with the winch drive ?

Cheers in advance, all help much appreciated.

Best regs.......Howard @ KFS

kfs1@btinternet.com

Pat Ware's book 'Tugs of War' has a good picture on page 23 showing the crew seats and further pictures on pages 24/25 showing the winch drive arrangement for the mk3 which may be similar to the mk1. Ignore the incorrect caption about the Scammell vertical winch which was only fitted to the recovery variant of the mk3.

Yep, £3k, must be in VERY good condition.:whistle:

Actually I just bought the £40.00 version from Models & Hobbies & thats the cheapest copy I've seen around for a while:readbook::readbook:

Thanks again on the heads up where to find a pic.

Howard @ KFS