question

gps

Question

Hellow all Phil here.

I was cleaning the chassis and found the cassis No MWR 60849 stamped into the chassis beam,just below this is a brass plate .the chassis No is not the same?:??? what dose this mean?

001.jpg

7 answers to this question

Hellow all Phil here.

I was cleaning the chassis and found the cassis No MWR 60849 stamped into the chassis beam,just below this is a brass plate .the chassis No is not the same?:??? what dose this mean?

Unless the MoS plate has been switched at sometime, the easy answer to this is that it is a Rebuild, borne out by the plate and the ARN, which is from a group of rebuilt vehicle numbers. The identities of vehicles can disappear, as the vehicles are often completely dismantled and parts go all ways for reconditioning, when they rebuild a number would be allocated which might not match the chassis. British Army jeeps were known to have the numbers ground off and new ones stamped elsewhere on the chassis which bear no relation to original numbering.

Hellow phil here

Thanks for all the input:shocked: beginning to worry:-X.Log book says same as chassis ,so i think i will leave of plate and put it in the glove box as a curio.who knows the one it belongs to might come to light.:cheesy: many thanks

Hi rippo

The tow hitch tube that runs from one side to the other hangs lower one side, the clamp bracket is bent and twisted as is the ends of the chassis.mainly n/s.The step o/s has been repaired looks like it was torn of, just above this there is a slight hump in the chassis,and master cylinder and hand brake are under tention as it sprung apart when i undone the bolts,so now the chassis is striped you can eye through and there seams to be a cuve from front to rear on the o/s and the curve that is over the rear axle is shalower than the one on the n/s .I tried jacking at differant points to see if it was held by suspetion ect but it still held its shape ,so ithink the chassis has set in this shape.