Larkspur radios

I have to decide what harness/radio to fit to my recently acquired Saracen. It currently has a Larkspur harness but no radio. I need to get an intercom up and running (and this is the driver for doing something) but having scoured the net really don't see any suitable Larkspur radio for sale. I therefore conclude that I will need to fit Clansman.

My question is: am I correct in thinking that to find a suitable Larkspur radio will be difficult (ie take a long time) and or very expensive if I do find one?

Hi

If you can wait til W&P Mike Buckley M1CCF and Carol Spicer G4??? (http://www.combatradio.org.uk/) usually have a pitch near the M0VOG HF radio station. It used to be beside the main road at Beltring - where they will be at the new place I don't yet know. Worth contacting Carol to see what she has or what Mike can bring - usually no shortage of Larkspur boxes, cables and antennas but I think they are low on radios now. Mike really is worth talking to about how to plumb it together anyway.

Regards

Iain

• 2 weeks later...
I have to decide what harness/radio to fit to my recently acquired Saracen. It currently has a Larkspur harness but no radio. I need to get an intercom up and running (and this is the driver for doing something) but having scoured the net really don't see any suitable Larkspur radio for sale. I therefore conclude that I will need to fit Clansman.

My question is: am I correct in thinking that to find a suitable Larkspur radio will be difficult (ie take a long time) and or very expensive if I do find one?

The radio you will want will be a "C" radio. "A" radios, eg A41 were manpacks; "B"s were for short range A and B vehicle work, eg B47. The C sets, notably VHF C42 and C45 and HF C13 were the beasts to be used as vahicle main sets and had a crew IC circuit built in: this latter is what you require.

I wouldn't like to say whether a C13 High Power or a C11/R210 have IC circuitry: they are high power control station radios, found in ACVs, which would generally run their IC off a C42 (C45 in the RA I believe - slightly different frequency bands) or a C13.