Green 1963 Pattern "SAS" Smock

wdbikemad

003.jpg

Found a "source" with a few green 1960s OG "SAS" windproof smocks that MAY be up for grabs...........they won't be cheap and no guarantee that I can get 'em.........:( Here's a taster tho.........late 1960's (up to 1970) green smock, beautiful grey-green gabardine fabric, huge Size 8 (largest made) and by "BMC"....note the NSN "error" on the label (corrected by some bod in the factory by biro !!!!!).....this one is almost mint........

My source has about 3 - 4 of these, very similar and all Size 8's...........one is already spoken for (Jason !!!) but I need to sort out a deal to try and acquire these.......they are serious "rocking horse" and far rarer than the DPM version......:-D

001.jpg

002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
hi there what sought of prices,, and would you happen to know if there is a sbs canoeist smock up for sale at all cheers matt

NO SBS type........all 63 pattern full-zip green gabardine.............no idea on prices until / if I can get a deal......very few may be available (and one spoken for already !)..........all size 8 (largest made) and little-used, dates between 65 and 70............deal may/may not go ahead - depends on what I have to swap and whether collector wants to let any go...........won't be cheap if available !! These are extremely rare to find today...........

NO SBS type........all 63 pattern full-zip green gabardine.............no idea on prices until / if I can get a deal......very few may be available (and one spoken for already !)..........all size 8 (largest made) and little-used, dates between 65 and 70............deal may/may not go ahead - depends on what I have to swap and whether collector wants to let any go...........won't be cheap if available !! These are extremely rare to find today...........

sure ,, thanx for the info

i m really after an sbs type ,, if one ever pops up i would pay good money for one cheers matt

• 1 month later...
Hello.

I have just joined.

I am interested in one of the smocks.

Thanks.

Hi John, I managed to get a couple of these from a reclusive and hard-to-deal-with collector..........one I'm keeping, the other has gone to my mate Jason (a long-standing friend and first in-line for this)........

Not sure If I can get any more. I may be able to source another WW2 denim version, plus may have a white version (snow-smock) coming, but either way these things are like hens teeth today and extremely hard to source and never cheap.......!!!!:(

Hello.

Mr. wdbikemad.

The green Windproof is pretty much (to my knowledge) my missing link on the evolution of the smock.

I am still on the lookout, if you ever come across any I would appreciate it if you let me know.

I will try and get some bits posted at the weekend.

Looking forward to the book.

All the Best.