ferret turret weight?

tyler

Someone on Ferret Heaven weighed his 2/4 turret (inc gun mount) & recorded 585 pounds which I think is 265 Kg. He may have been in the US, but are their pounds the same as Imperial ones?

Is this on your Shorland? It may be slightly lighter as contrary to popular belief they are not Ferret turrets, they were manufactured by Shorts themselves admittedly based on a Ferret turret.

I can vouch for the fact turrets are HEAVY, last year myself and a (used to be) good friend, removed a complete turret assembly from a scrap Ferret 4 miles from my home!!!!! buried in the worlds biggest bramble patch, as was remarked if anyone fell into the brambles it would be death by a 1000 pricks. :whistle:

Balancing on old pallets we made a 'road' to the Ferret, and then manhandled the whole assembly back. :schocked:

The sort of good fun thing for a sunday morning.

Rest of ferret very sad someone had removed engine deck, and then the plugs/rocker cover.

Hoping to strip out running gear...

Regards Hardyferret :-D :-D :-D

Crazy as p r i c k s can as we know mean a piercing or stab :?

Unlike Willy's which can only mean the ultimate blasphemy an American vehicle :shake: :shake: :schocked: :schocked:

Is nothing sacred anymore, how much further will young minds be poisoned :-o :dunno:

Concerned Hardyferret :-D :-D