Morris Quad

hbtoday98

• 1 month later...

mo 1.jpgHi all looking for info on morris c8 fat mk1 this truck had no windows inthe side or top and was stripped out to make a crane 1967 it is on 10.50x16 it does not fit with the photos on the net looking for a starting point.

thanks mal

Quads with 16" wheels are generally regarded as being Mk III types. But axles, wheels, etc. from one type can get changed in service to another.

Do you have the contract number?

The gearbox and axle prefixes on the chassis plate are correct for a Mk1 or Mk2 Quad. It must have had its wheels changed.

Have you seen the book "Army Wheels in Detail: Morris C8 Quad"? It's got some good detail photos.

The gearbox and axle prefixes on the chassis plate are correct for a Mk1 or Mk2 Quad. It must have had its wheels changed.

Have you seen the book "Army Wheels in Detail: Morris C8 Quad"? It's got some good detail photos.

I am trying to do a compilation of pictures I have and I know of one that had the 1100s changed because of the wheel woble over 30mph

This quad was sold with 500 miles on the clock in 1967 and was mint. There is a photo of a NZ marked quad on the same size rubber. (maple up site) The owner is adamant it had no windows on the sides or top corners which is what I don't understand or find was most off this MK quad lost at Dunkirk? The NZ marked quad photo on the same rubber (maple up)it has the side windows. thanks for your replies I guess I will be very needy photos of fuel tanks and mounting seats etc.

Edited by hbtoday98
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks David and Ivor. I will see if somebody here in NZ has the mags! The serial numbers where would one look for that the gs truck had a number stamped on the left spring hanger area?. NZ received five morris c8 fat pre war so that this truck is after that. The NZ army museum has a ford as used in the desert so that is of no help and had no records .

You might be lucky and find a stamped census number. The LH front chassis seems to be the place to look on early-war Morrises but I couldn't find one on our 1939 CDSW.

If you strip the paint off the top bonnet panels very carefully you might find the number painted there.

Edited by Ivor Ramsden

• 9 months later...