How it should be done ... :-) REX WARD

willysmb

Well I had a Moan about a Foreign dealer who screwed me over for postage on a small packet the other week ...this is how it should be done.

Phone REX Mr GMC for a Nut and bolt ...yes that right , one nut and bolt ..:nut:.. he popped them in the post for me

( I have bought several things from him in the past ) .....

CHARGE .....£0.00...

Big ThanXXX to REX

Totally agree about Rex,not only a fountain of knowledge but I ALWAYS found him very helpful when we were going through our Gmc rebuild.

On the other hand I have nearly always felt that prices are made up by some european dealers especially at shows....depending what your accent is :-(.

Gary

Gas44... Reminiscent of Tony Sudds .... ;)

Have phoned Rex on a few occasions for help and advice ....ultra helpful ..

popped into his workshop a couple of times to buy stuff and he has been very welcoming..

I think that the difference I's that he's not just a TRADER selling stuff he's also a mechanic ex Reme if I understand

He repairs and restores vehicles ...

He is probably a little different to the jeep world with several Co's Viking for our business, Rex is the only GMC spares

person in the UK that I know of but has treated me as valued customer who could buy my bits elsewhere ..

A good customer is a repeat customer ...:wave:

Ken.

One of our members was travelling from the North Midlands to catch the ferry to Guernsey, he had the bad luck to breakdown with a major engine component failing. The member was given a number to ring (The member had no idea who he might be ringing, but he was in a desperate plight} A lady answered the phone, and said, my husband is out at the moment, but I will get him to ring you when he gets in. He did ring, and it turned out to be non other than Rex Ward. He immediately went to the aid of our member (His truck was a Canadian Chevrolet) I believe that it was the camshaft that had broken up. Once that Rex had established what was needed, he returned home for the spares, came out again and effected the repair. Our man was soon on his way and enjoyed a trouble free run to Guernsey and back home to the North Midlands. The man is an absolute star, and a real asset to this hobby that we enjoy so much. Cant praise the man enough.

I've dealt with Rex for over 20 years.

I had my first ride in a Dukw from Castle Coombe to Swindon with him and Shelia in 1990 when I was a mere 15 years old - The thrill of riding in that really got me hooked and I said I would get a Dukw one day. - Nine years later I did exactly that when I popped in by-chance to Rex's yard for a chin-wag and got pointed in the direction of a Dukw which had just become available. Sadly I didn't keep it very long because after the restoration was finished, I used it for one show season and realised that I simply could not afford to run it! It sold very quickly and Rex took on the maintenance of it for its new owners - Viking Splash Tours in Dublin.

Back then when Rex was the farm mechanic all parts sold for 'round numbers' and life was so much simpler!!