Howitzer Display

I suspect nearly all the shells are repro, real ones are bloomin' heavy..... The M110 chemical certainly are because they have M107 driving bands, the real M110 band is much wider.

Nice collection of stuff Stuart!

Actually two of the pallets have real rounds on and two dont. The same goes for in and around the trailer, about half and half. My bad back will confirm this as like you say the real ones are bloomin' heavy and I set them up every day and put them away every night. I also have more inert ones at home so I can mix and match.

Part of Stuarts impressive kit on the road..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71880[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71881[/ATTACH]

Thanks for posting, that must of been the Charity event at the British Queen Public House ???

Think I got some funny looks from other road users :)

Thanks for posting, that must of been the Charity event at the British Queen Public House ???

Think I got some funny looks from other road users :)

Yep British Queen, you always get funny looks from some people, specially the ones who think you've got a Scammell...:-D

DSCF2685.jpg

Oops..... Scammell thread ambush...:whistle:

DSCF2691.jpg

Very impressive, both on the road and on display. Its all the little (or not so little!) extras that make a display of vehicles 'come alive' and our hobby interesting in my opinion. You obviously put a lot of time and effort in - well worth it for the end result.

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

Over the years I expect you have all seen my Wanted Adverts for 155mm Howitzer items as well as general Artillery equipment? Well I thought it was time for you to see what I do with all the stuff I collect.

Please see below some photos from my Vietnam Artillery Display held at the 2012 War and Peace Show. This years display was dedicated to Mr Larry tesh of The 1/92nd Field Artillery who served during the Vietnam War.

The unit sign in the photos is copied from one of his orignal photographs taken at Fort Bragg, North Carolina the year before he was deployed to Vietnam.

I hope you enjoy them

As always I'm still on the look out for anything related to the US 155mm Howitzer to make my displays bigger and better. These items can be tools, canvas items, equipment, cleaning brushes etc etc.

Do any of our members know any Artillery dealers or have items for sale themselves ??? They can be from WW2 , Korea and Vietnam

Thank you

WOW !!!!! That is awesome!!! That's a traveling museum!!!!Great job in preserving history...