What 9.00x16 tyres are available in Australia for Ferrets

ferrettkitt

Does anyone know what 9.00x16 tyres are available for British vehicles in Australia (Ferrets in particular).

Is the ferret british rim 900x16 or american pattern 900x16.

Moore tyres/ ag equipt tyres........ should be able to help you as they import MRF bar treads at reasonable prices for american pattern 900x 16.

I think the american pattern tyres can be fitted on british pattern rims with a bit of machining of the rims or removing rubber from the inside lip of the tyres..............I dont know the full details of doing this.

Plenty of ferrets in aust........talk to other owners.

Ron

Is the ferret british rim 900x16 or american pattern 900x16.

Moore tyres/ ag equipt tyres........ should be able to help you as they import MRF bar treads at reasonable prices for american pattern 900x 16.

I think the american pattern tyres can be fitted on british pattern rims with a bit of machining of the rims or removing rubber from the inside lip of the tyres..............I dont know the full details of doing this.

Plenty of ferrets in aust........talk to other owners.

Ron

The bead on American tyres is different to the type of tyre fitted to Ferret rims and as the rims are made out of aluminium I wouldn't machine them to fit, but thats just me. In the UK we can still get hold of tyres that will fit the rims it would seem that on the face of it thats harder to find the correct tyre to fit the rims in Australia. Bummer for them

Thanks for taking the time to reply its appreciated.