44 Pattern Webbing-Foreign Contracts?????

Scotch Harry

Anybody know anything about the 44 Pattern webbing that is around in the weird puke/mushy green colour with no markings/stampings etc etc supposedly a foreign contract,loads of waterbottle carriers around and ive just bought an unissued man pack carrier of which all of the straps are in this green colour and are made of a webbing more like 37 Patt than the usual 44 Patt type???

I have NOS pack L-straps, bayonet frog, ammo pouches (2nd pattern) and small pack (1st pattern) all in this light green unmarked webbing.........

It looks to be UK manufactured as the assembly quality is fairly high........but I can only assume that it was intended for export....? This gear was certainly made whether in the UK or otherwise in a sand-colour for use by various Middle Eastern armies, so maybe the green was for similar or Far East applications....?

UK issue 44 webbing doesn't seem to have been manufactured after the late 60s (I haven't come across any) although it remained on issue until the late 70s/early 80s so limited manufacture may have continued.....? Large stocks of 44 webbing in new condition were still around during the 80s, with loads disposed of as surplus.........so I'm not too certain on this one........:undecided:

I was shown some of this webbing about 2 years ago, it was stamped HMK after some digging on the internet I found that the letters stood for His Majesty the King of THAILAND! maybe the ones that you have were a cancelled order?

Was it HMK or HMAK as the Danes used a lot of 44Patt post war and a lot of thier kit is stamped up HMAK.

UK issue 44 webbing doesn't seem to have been manufactured after the late 60s (I haven't come across any) although it remained on issue until the late 70s/early 80s so limited manufacture may have continued.....?

I have a 1971 dated water bottle pouch made in the later olive green colour.