Need help locating a Lucas duh6a Distributor for a 6 cylinder Morris

early british ww2

Hi Glynn,

Have you tried the Distributor Doctor? http://www.distributordoctor.com/

Hi Richard ,

Many Thanks for the link - I have already spoken to Martin the Distributor Doctor who is a very helpful chap , Unfortunately he didn't have anything on the shelf immediately that he could sell me but I am in the process of sending him a Distributor to be rebuilt - I am just seeing what I could do before going to W&P this year which is now only around the corner .

Ruggy John - I am not sure that the MRA1 would have the same dizzy as the cs8 , I would suspect it to have a more modern unit , Richard you may be able to help on this front having had a lot of experience over the years ?? But obviously a quick look on the dizzy body should tell us what model dizzy they use , Cheers

Rgds Glynn

Ruggy John - I am not sure that the MRA1 would have the same dizzy as the cs8 , I would suspect it to have a more modern unit , Richard you may be able to help on this front having had a lot of experience over the years ?? But obviously a quick look on the dizzy body should tell us what model dizzy they use , Cheers

Rgds Glynn

Hi Glynn,

The Morris Commercial MRA1 distributor is part number 40228, and type is DX6A, with anticlock rotation. It does not appear to be anything like the CS8 one, in fact the engines are poles apart, side and overhead valves. Hope this is of help to you.

regards, Richard

Hi Glyn,Have to confess i have been looking for ages for one for the PU. I have managed to find some bits as spares but no distributor body yet. The DUH6A was also used on a jaguar model so the bloody things have probably got some sort of horrible premium on them.Regards TimPS, ARE YOU GOING TO SELL ME THE 15CWT WITH NO DIZZY :-)

Hi Glyn,Have to confess i have been looking for ages for one for the PU. I have managed to find some bits as spares but no distributor body yet. The DUH6A was also used on a jaguar model so the bloody things have probably got some sort of horrible premium on them.Regards TimPS, ARE YOU GOING TO SELL ME THE 15CWT WITH NO DIZZY :-)

Hi Tim ,

I will deliver it to you in a carrier bag at W&P Ha ha ! On a more serious note If you let me have your engine for my cs8 then I could always bring you a Morris Minor engine in exchange !! converted for unleaded of course and painted Morris Engine Green ready to fit ! lol

You are right in thinking they are not easy to get hold of and do cost a small fortune when you find one - probably because of the Jaguar connection !?

Cheers See you soon , Glynn

Hi Tim ,

I will deliver it to you in a carrier bag at W&P Ha ha ! On a more serious note If you let me have your engine for my cs8 then I could always bring you a Morris Minor engine in exchange !! converted for unleaded of course and painted Morris Engine Green ready to fit ! lol

You are right in thinking they are not easy to get hold of and do cost a small fortune when you find one - probably because of the Jaguar connection !?

Cheers See you soon , Glynn

No probs Glyn, i shall bring a large bin liner with me to wrap the truck, are you going to be round about the same location?

Bring some traction boards with you........bit soggy methinks

I will bring biccyies for the hound

Catch you at the farm

Regards

Tim