Wow, what a day!

bdodge

Started out 0600 this morning to go pick up my ben hur trailer, drove 300 km. there and back and got to meet some kids restoring a WC62 and a WC52. And they where doing a great job at that. Got home for lunch and drove of in the civy car to get new springs to fit to my WC52. Got home 2300, and I am still exited. What a great hobby this is!

As a hobby it keeps you sober and stops the use of narcotic substances or visting Houses of Ill repute. You never have the time, or the money! :-D

How very very true,

40 years ago my father had the same idea and used exactly the same words to explain to my mother why he had encouraged me to buy a rusty old GPW that had appeared on the drive.

I guess Pop knew a thing or two as MV's have kept me poor and occupied for a life time. Along the way I have met all sorts of people from all walks of life a number I count as life long friends.

Pete

Well, I've been very virtuos today :angel: I calmly and gentle persuaded a friend not to hammer his new aquisition , a 1939 12 hp Wolsey. I was extremly persuasive...right up to the time he let me drive it, then we decided to show it to friend's...then go hammering up the M25 to Godstone to an event....then his wife called him in for dinner! :cry:

This hobby sure keeps me out of trouble! And all I have to do when the wife is acting up,is to remind her that I can usually be found in or around the garage. And you are right about all the good people you meet through this hobby,they are great! Cheers from sunny Norway. Bjørn.