Wiring Bedford MW

Guys,

Urgently need to know the position of the junction box that connects the main wiring loom to the loom for the front lights? It's on the wiring diagrams but not fitted to my MW.

In the middle of a re wire so quick response would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Strange thing is there seems to be no reason for the second Junction box on the passenger side? Only one is shown on the wiring diagrams, yet there are identical holes each side on mine which seems to indicate two boxes, like yours? The main loom branches off at the left headlight, and continues across the grill to the drivers side Junction box, so no idea why you would have the second box, unless of course you were not using an original pattern wiring loom?

Good thing is that all of the original loom clips are still present which allows you to follow the original cable route.

Richard

The side light is fed from the main loom on both sides so the second box must be a later addition to feed a non standard item? As I said, the 1940 diagram only shows one box and for the life of me I cannot see any reason to have two?

Hello Richard,

The picture above showing the second junction box is not my mw, it's maurice donkers truck and it's very original. but mine has two junction boxes also, so i wouldn't trust the wiring diagram. Saying that the parts list only lists one junction box also .:banghead:

But i'm pretty sure its a standard fitment. Why would the holes for it be there otherwise?

I think its for the single headlamp, it states in the manual when using one headlamp and driving on the other side of the road the head lamp should be changed to the opposite side, with having these junction box's the wiring would remain the same, otherwise you'd have to take the wire from behind the radiator, and then it would be far to long, and possibly a struggle to remove without undoing the front.

Maybe some other mw owners can tell us how many they have.

Regards Rippo

Edited by rippo

Hi Rippo,

Think your correct re the second box, for the single driving lamp. I ordered a Lucas junction box from vintage supplies as it looked exactly the correct style and size. The fixing holes line up exactly with the holes on my MW, both sides!!

Can you confirm where the live feed would come from for the junction box on the passenger side?

Cheers

Richard

Hello Richard,

I had a look at the other mw i have and that has two jumction boxes also, both look of a similar age. I'm still to put the wiring in my mw, so am a bit unsure of a few thing till i do, but i have plenty of pictures. I'm pretty sure the live feed for the headlamp comes from the junction box on the other side, the wire clips on the front panel, behind the radiator. Hope these pictures help, i have some spare wires in my loom for indicators, which aren't used, hopefully i can resolve this when i re-fit it.

100_1945.jpg

100_1948.jpg

100_1934.jpg

100_1943.jpg

Thanks for the photos Rippo.

I'm 100% happy that the two box's were fitted and used, although i'm reluctant to chop my Loom for no reason, other then cosmetic, so will probably fit the second and run the loom through it without cutting and conneting it....clever eh? :cool2:

Paul, only too pleased that my posts are helping you as well. Having only been a Jeep owner before, its been a steep learning curve owning a British vehicle as there seems to be very little knowledge (and spares) about/fpr them on the Nett. Just as well we have the resident experts like Rippo to help us out.

Cant wait for the show season to start....i'm dying to get her out on the road, expecially now she is an "improved" version from when i bought her.

Cheers

Richard