Ex-RAF Land Rover Defender 90 SWB

Will16

Hi, I'm new here,

This is mine and my dads project, we've had it a while now. It's an 1982 EX-RAF Defender 90. First the RAF had it; I think it was on patrolling duties and running around at RAF Brize Norton. It was then sold to Chubb and then Serco. It has been used thoroughly, Serco then nearly scrapped it eek.gif. Then we got hold of it! We started off by cleaning it out, and taking all the ply paneling out. Then we changed the rear windows for some Alpine ones, to make it more useable for the road. We changed the wheels for some 8-Spokes, but those were changed back to the originals, which where shot blasted and painted. We also 3 brand new Landie steelies. My dad works at a military base, some in the school holidays, we took it into a garage, and pulled it apart. It got brand new doors, seats (all round), winch, winch bumper and lots of other things. It was then shipped to Yorkshire to be re-painted. Once it was home, we had gathered a few more things to go on it (It was there for aaaaaaagggggggggeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!). A Snorkel and swing away has gone on so far, a suspension lift is still in the shed waiting and we have a roof rack on the way :-D! Now on to the photos!!......

When we got it-

landy.th.jpg

landy2.th.jpg

Stripping the paneling-

landy3.th.jpg

landy4.th.jpg

landy6.th.jpg

landy7.th.jpg

Alpine rear windows-

landy8.th.jpg

landy9.th.jpg

New wheels-