help id'ing my 6X6 please

philhrc

Question

hi could anybody shed any light on my 6x6 , i think it maybe a supacat , but can't find any pics or info ....

it runs a 2 cylinder citroen engine and gearbox, it also appears to have a drive coupling from the engine pully , its a full skid steer the front wheels are fixed straight ( ie they dont turn like later supacats ) ,chain drive , an ally hull , the back (not shown) it flat and hinges upward from the rear ....

i've made up most of it by matching parts , cleaning and servicing bits and making bits from scratch , i'll post up some more pics at the weekend when i can get it out in the open.....

any help would be great , many thanks phil :-D

387737_10150558063752178_733482177_11807923_1334570486_n.jpg

argo 1.jpg

argo2.jpg

2 answers to this question

Phil,

The Supacat Mk1 was powered by a Citroen engine and was full skid steer, the drivers position looks different though, so maybe this is a prototype, or early version. I had dealings with Mk1 Supacat supplied to the army for range work, they were awful on hard roads, the steering brakes overheating as the tyres grabbed and restricted the turns, went well on grass and beach though.